- 1 Introduction
- 2 Who is the checker for?
- 3 Symptom questions
- 4 Results
Find your symptom checker
What happens now?
Work through the questions on the following pages to find the most suitable symptom checker for you.
Once you’ve found the most appropriate symptom checker, you can work through the assessment and receive advice which may include one of the following:
- Self care - advice on how to look after yourself and manage your symptoms
- A call from a nurse or an advisor at NHS Direct (you will get this option if you require further assessment)
- Advice to visit your GP or another healthcare professional
- Urgent instructions, such as call 999 or go to A&E
You can also get advice on dental issues, medicines enquiries, health information and local NHS services.